2020/21 Meeting Dates
- Wednesday 4th November 2020, 12:00-14:00
- Tuesday 12th January 2021, 12:00-14:00
- Thursday 20th May 2021, 12:00-14:00
The LGBT+ Staff Network have a Microsoft Teams channel which you can join by using the code skd6691.
Terms of Reference
- Promote positive attitudes towards LGBT+ people and raise the profile of LGBT+ equality across the university;
- Promote recognition and awareness of discrimination facing LGBT+ staff and identify ways to address any inequalities;
- Ensure issues of sexual orientation and gender identity are integrated into the operation of equality and diversity at the University of Kent;
- Consider the impact of legislation on University of Kent Policies, procedures and practices as they relate to issues of sexual orientation and gender identity;
- Identify any employment issues, policies, or practices that adversely affect lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT+) staff;
- Liaise with other HEIs as necessary with a view to sharing resources and/or ideas regarding issues of sexual orientation and gender identity;
- Report on progress to the relevant University of Kent committees and groups, as necessary;
- Act in an advisory role to the University of Kent on issues of sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Co-Chairs - Bob McKay, Jan Moriarty, Lynne Regan and Carin Tunaker
- Self-nominated members of the LGBT+ Staff
- Member of the EDI Team
Meetings: open to all staff; termly.
There are a number of activites taken place throughout the year and more details can be found on the LGBT + Network Blog.