Welcome to the School of English!
During Welcome Week (18-22 September) or Week 0 as it will appear on your timetables, we have a number of events organised to help our new students settle in and help you out wherever we can. You should attend all of these. All events are free to attend.
- Monday 18 September, 10am-11pm, Keynes Lecture Theatre 1: 'Welcome to the School of English' talk
Your opportunity to find out about the department, what we have going on and a bit about the modules you will be studying. Also a good chance to meet key members of staff.
- Wednesday 20 September, 10am-12pm, Gulbenkian Cinema: Literature lecture on Mrs Dalloway
Enthralling introductory literature lecture on the literary classic Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf. Please make sure you have read the novel before the lecture.
- Thursday 21 September, 4-5pm, Grimond Lecture Theatre 1: Guest Speaker Vanessa Kisuule
We are very lucky to have writer, spoken word poet and performer, Vanessa Kisuule, coming to Kent to read for our new students and answer any questions you might have. This is a very special event not to be missed!
- Friday 22 September, 3-4pm, Grimond Lecture Theatre 1: Student Support Information Session
Your opportunity to find out about the support we offer to our students at Kent, including who to go to for various issues and lots of useful information relating to your course and your experience as a student here.
- Friday 22 September, 4-5pm, Grimond Lecture Theatre 1: English social event and quiz
After the Student Support Information session, we are hosting a pub quiz and social event for new students, an opportunity to meet other English students and put your general knowledge to the test. This will be followed by a drinks reception.
There may also be other sessions you need to attend; please read the email and letter that have been sent to you from the School of English carefully where these will be mentioned.
This is today! Hope to see you there. https://t.co/Zw3e60dVYn
Posted about 19 hours ago
Thursday's Postcolonial seminar is entitled 'The Palestinian Catastrophe of 1948: Politics and History'. 4pm, DLT1 https://t.co/dwpafUeLbE
Posted 3 days ago
Posted 3 days ago