How to get Rewarded
By earning Employability Points, students will have the opportunity towards the end of Term Two, to redeem their points for a chance to apply for rewards, which include internships, work experience, training sessions and much more.
Students will have one opportunity per academic year to apply for EP rewards, which starts in March 2019:
- In early March, the EP team will email all students registered on the scheme a copy of the 2018-19 Rewards Pack (see here for the 2017-18 Rewards Pack). This document includes all rewards which will be on offer, relevant criteria and logistical information.
- The deadline to log your points for 2018-19 is 18th March 2019 (17:00). Any points earned after this time will automatically roll-over to the 2018-19 academic year.
- Shortly after the points deadline passes, all students who have at least 50 points on their profile will receive an application form
- Students will have just over 1-week to complete their application form, selecting the rewards they wish to apply for and placing these in order of preference.
- Throughout April, the EP team will shortlist students for rewards. If you have successfully applied for a work-based reward, you may be invited to attend an interview. All other rewards are confirmed to students at the end of May.
- Interviews are held in mid-May and all reward winners are confirmed by the end of May 2019.
- All winners are invited to attend the Rewards Ceremony in early June, whereas rewards commence from mid-June.
- Students must have sufficient points to apply for rewards.
- Students can apply for as many rewards as they like, although restricted to two internships and one voucher.
- The University of Kent and the Employability Points team accept no responsibility for the cancellation of placements due to sponsor commitments, but the EP team will try and find an alternative opportunity where available.
- If you are an international student, it is your responsibility to check your ability to work in the UK in accordance with your visa.
- If preferred, students can roll-over points in March rather than redeem these for rewards.
- Rewards are not guaranteed, although the EP team will attempt to ensure all students are rewarded.