THE STYLES FOR THIS PAGE HAVE BEEN MODIFIED IN THE LOCAL.CSS FILE
Finding your way
Path to employment
Many of the employability activities are available to you at all stages of your degree. But, if you’re not sure where to start here’s an example of when and how you can get involved.
In your second year
- Find out about how the Careers and Employability Service can support you
- Complete the University of Kent Careers Employability Award if you haven't yet done so
- Learn how to use My Folio to support your planning.
- Register with the careers vacancy database to search for placements and internships
- Find out more about a placement or year abroad from your academic school
- Consider becoming a Student Ambassador
Whilst on placement
In your final year
- Pick up Graduate Directories from the Careers and Employability Service
- Be aware of deadlines for graduate schemes and teacher training
- Meet employers at our November Careers Fair and employer visits to campus
- Make sure you have registered with the Careers and Employability vacancy database
Getting involved in sports made my university experience so much better. Playing sport shows commitment and perseverance.
I have gained so many skills through volunteering... team-working skills, public speaking and working with different people.
I can use my extra-curricular activities to exemplify skills and interests.