The video below outlines the process; the text below has useful information on file types and how to confirm your submission.
For text-based submissions, Turnitin accepts the following file types:
- Microsoft Word (.doc and .docx.)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppx, .pptx and .pps)
- Portable Document Format (.pdf)
- Corel WordPerfect
- Adobe PostScript
- Plain text (.txt)
- Rich Text Format (.rtf)
- Hangul (.hwp)
A submission to Turnitin must contain at least 20 words and be less than 40mb, with fewer than 400 pages.
To submit an assignment to the Turnitin service, you should:
- Click on the title of the appropriate Moodle module from your My Modules list.
- Locate the Turnitin assignment and click on its title to go to the My Submissions tab.
- Click on the Submit Paper icon.
- Enter a submission title and select which part (if relevant) you are uploading.
- On the page that follows, click on the Add... icon to select a file to upload. (Note: You can also use Moodle's drag and drop functionality to upload a file).
- Click on Add Submission.
You will then be taken to a summary screen which includes the status of your submission to Turnitin. Check the information here is correct.
If your teacher has enabled it, your Originality Report will be visible to you a short while after submitting. For more information about the originality report please see understanding your originality report.