Dr Alex Klein
Senior Lecturer in Economics
School of Economics, Keynes College, D1.12
- +44 (0) 1227 827733
Alex Klein received his PhD from CERGE-EI Prague in 2006. He was a post-doctoral research fellow at Jagiellonian University, Krakow in 2006-2007 and the University of Warwick in 2008-2010. He joined the University of Kent in 2011, and is the Deputy Director of the Macroeconomics, Growth and History Centre (MaGHiC).
Alex is the Director of Graduate Studies (PhD Programmes) and a member of the School's Strategic Management Team.back to top
Alex's publications can also be found on ResearchGate.
Also view these in the Kent Academic Repository
back to top
- State-Level Total Personal Income in the United States, 1880–2010
- State-Level Estimates of Total Personal Income in the United States, 1880–1910
- The British Economic Growth 1270-1870 [Spreadsheet]
- Aggregate and Per Capita GDP in Europe, 1870-2000: Continental, Regional and National Data with Changing Boundaries [Spreadsheet]
- economic history
- economic geography
- agglomeration economics
- long-run economic growth
- historical national accounts
- Agglomeration Economies and Productivity Growth: US Cities 1880-1930 (with Nick Crafts).
- The Rise and Fall of the US Manufacturing Belt: US Economic Geography 1880-2007 (with Nick Crafts).
- Coagglomeration Patterns of the U.S. Manufacturing 1880-2007 (with Nick Crafts).
- Employment Protection and the Location of US Industries 1880-1940 (with Chris Meissner)
- Labor Productivity and Density: Agglomeration Economies in US Manufacturing Industries 1850-1880 (with Rowena Gray)
- Was Domar Rights? The Second Serfdom and Land-Labor Ratio in Eighteenth Century Bohemia (with Sheilagh Ogilvie).
- Why did Socialism Fail? Revised Growth Accounts for Central Europe, 1950-1989 (with Tamás Vonyó).
- School, Apprenticeship, or Work? Children and the Family Economy in Nineteenth-Century Bohemia.
- EC311 The European Economy in the 20th Century (Convenor)
- EC568 World Economic and Financial History from the 19th Century (Convenor)
- Laurence Durham, registered 2015
- Oluwaseun Olugun, registered 2015
- Qusi Talafheh, registered 2015
- Gintare Malisauskaite, registered 2013
Past studentsback to top
- Director of Graduate Studies (PhD Programmes)
- Member of the School's Strategic Management Team
back to top