School of Economics, Keynes College, Room D3.01
Goher Fatima began studying for a PhD in Economics in September 2018.
Goher completed an M.Phil in Economics from School of Economic Sciences, Federal Urdu University of Arts Science and Technology, Islamabad in 2011. Prior to that, she completed an MSc in Economics from National University of Modern Languages in 2006. She has more than 8 years teaching experience at university level.
Primary research interest
- Development Economics
- International Macroeconomics
Secondary research interest
- Growth and development
- Fiscal deficit and economic growth
- Member of Pakistan Society of Development Economics (PSDE)
- Senior member of International Economics Development and Research Center (IEDRC)
- Reviewer of International Journal of Trade, Economics and Finance (IJTEF). ISSN: 2010-023X
- Reviewer of International Journal of Trends in Economics Management & Technology (IJTEMT). ISSN: 2012-022X
September 2015 - January 2017
Senior Lecturer (Economics), Department of Economics
Lahore College For Women University, Lahore
February 2012 - August 2015
Senior Lecturer (Economics), Department of Management Sciences
Bahria University, Islamabad
October 2008 - January 2012
Program Coordinator/Lecturer (Economics), Department of Economics
Foundation University, Islamabad
- Gender Inequality in Human Capital Accumulation and Economic Growth: A Comparative Analysis of Pakistan and Sri Lanka. Asia Pacific Journal of Social Work and Development (ISI Indexed). Vol 23(4). pp 242-252. December 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02185385.2013.778786
- Consequential Effects of Budget Deficit on Economic Growth of Pakistan. International Journal of Business and Social Science (IJBSS).Vol.3(7) pp 203-208 http://www.ijbssnet.com/journals/Vol_3_No_7_April_2012/23.pdf
- A Review of Privatization Policies in Pakistan. Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business. 2012 Vol 3(9) pp. 1017-1032. URL: http://www.journalarchieves14.webs.com/1017-1032.pdf
- Impact of Debt Structure on Profitability in Textile Industry of Pakistan. International Journal of Economic Research (IJER).Vol3(2), 61-70. ISSN: 2229-6158 http://www.ijeronline.com/documents/volumes/Vol%203%20issue%202/ijer20120301MA(5).pdf
- Impact Of Role (Ambiguity And Conflict) On Teaching Assistants’ Satisfaction And Intention To Leave: Pakistani HEIS. International Journal of Business and Management. Vol 8(7) July 2012. http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/ijbm/article/view/14868/13019.
- Joint Impact of Investment (Public and Private) on the Economic Growth of Pakistan: (Co-Integration Approach). International Journal of Humanities and Social Science. Vol 2(15).August 2012.http://www.ijhssnet.com/journals/Vol_2_No_15_August_2012/21.pdf.
- Female Education As A Determinant of Economic Growth: A Case study of Pakistan. Contemporary Issues in Education Research. Vol. 4(11).pp15-22. Impact Factor 4.78. http://journals.cluteonline.com/index.php/CIER/article/view/6485/6562
- Fiscal Deficit and Economic Growth: An Analysis of Pakistan’s Economy. International Journal of Trade, Economics and Finance (IJTEF). ISSN: 2010-023X. 2011 Vol 2 (6) pp. 501-504. http://www.ijtef.org/abstract/156-W10064.htm.
- A Critical Analysis of Financial Reforms in Pakistan: Does It Affect Economic Growth? International Journal of Trade, Economics and Finance (IJTEF). ISSN: 2010-023X. Vol 2. No 4 2011. http://www.ijtef.org/abstract/128-W10023.htm
- Impact of Exchange Rate Instability on Trade in Pakistan. The Empirical Economics Letters. Vol 10(12).pp 1232-1238. http://www.eel.my100megs.com/volume-10-number-12.htm
- Attended and presented research article titled, “Testing Relationship of Private Investment and GDP with Fiscal Deficit” in the 2011 International Conference on Financial Management and Economics (ICFME-2011)” conference, held on 2-3 July in Hong Kong. The paper is also published in the conference proceedings (ISI Indexed). Paper available online www.Ipedr.com.
- Attended and presented research article titled, “Foreign Capital Inflows and Economic Growth An Empirical Study of Pakistan” in the International Trade & Academic Research Conference (ITARC) (winter) conference, held on 4-5 November 2013 in London-UK, The paper is also published in the conference proceedings.
- Attended and presented research article titled “Does Gender Differential In Education and Employment Influence Economic Growth of Pakistan” in 12th Annual Population Research Conference Organized by Population Association of Pakistan, Held on 22-24 November,2011 in University of Punjab, Lahore.
- Attended 3 days conference organized by Pakistan Society of Development Economists, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics (PIDE) 28-30 December 2010.
- Attended 1st International Conference on Islamic Business and Finance is being organized by Riphah Centre of Islamic Business (RCIB) of Riphah International University on 8-9 February 2011 in National Institute of Banking and Finance, Islamabad.
- Attended 5 days workshop on Faculty Development/Instructional Technique organized by Bahria University, Islamabad with Sponsorship of HEC from 18-22 June 2012 at Bahria University, Islamabad