Central Student Administration

Your future is created by what you do today

Leaving Kent

If you are thinking about leaving Kent then you should contact your Student Support Officer or Senior Tutor in the first instance.

Requesting to withdraw

If you wish to withdraw from the University, you should speak to your School Senior Tutor or Student Advisor. Once you have discussed your withdrawal with your School you will need to either complete the Withdrawal Request Form or send an email notifiying us that you intend to leave.

Leaving without telling anyone or, if you are in campus accommodation, just handing in a key, is not sufficient notification of a withdrawal.

Failure to inform the University that you wish to leave may result in you being charged tuition and accommodation fees.

If you are living in campus accommodation you will need to inform Kent Hospitality that you are leaving.

Once your withdrawal has been approved our office will send written confirmation to you at your home address.

Transferring to another Course

If you are withdrawing in order to transfer to another University, you should tell us when you request to withdraw. If you are funded by the Student Loans Company we will need details of your new course.

If you wish to change to another programme at Kent then you should read the information on changing programme.

Tuition Fees

Once withdrawals have been approved our office informs the Student Loans Company. However, we do recommend that you contact them yourself to determine how this withdrawal will affect your funding, and the tuition fees you have to pay.

Fees will not be re-funded pro rata automatically; please see the Student Finance Guide for more details or if you have a query about your fees.


University of Kent - © University of Kent

The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T: +44 (0)1227 764000

Last Updated: 28/11/2019