In Course Test (ICT)
Central Student Administration offer a service to run In Course Test for all academic schools during weeks 7, 12, 19 and 24.
This is a chance for students to experience examination procedures at the University whilst offering a method of assessment under monitored conditions.
Weeks 7 and 19 are currently held in Eliot Hall which can seat 180 students and weeks 12 and 24 are held in the Sports Centre which can hold 200 students.
CSAO can arrange:
- Exam furniture for the venue and layout of the hall.
- Organise the dissemination and collection of papers.
- Oversight of student flow into and out of the venue and general running of the session including providing invigilators.
- Completion of attendance registers.
- Provision of additional materials (Actuarials, CESTs - can be provided at the Sports Centre, weeks 12 and 24 ONLY) and exam stationery as required.
- Support in case of fire.
Other key points:
- The paper itself can either be 45 minutes in length for a 1 hour lecture slot or 1 hour 30 minutes for a 2 hour lecture slot so we can ensure that tests can start and finish within the hour and allow for changeover for the next assessment. (Please note, no other lengths of time will be permitted).
- May be open- or closed-book.
- If your module has more students than the capacities listed above for the specific venues, the School will need to book another room and provide question papers and invigilators for this room. We are only able to accommodate and make provisions for either Eliot Hall or the Sports Centre.
- ILP arrangements will be managed by Schools even where the ICT is administered in part by Central Student Administration. We are unable to accommodate extra time, PC's and individual rooms in the main venue due to venue and turnaround time constraints.
If you have any further questions with regards to the format of In Course Tests, please contact the Exams Office (email@example.com)
If you wish to make a booking or have a query about the scheduling of the tests please speak with your school’s timetable convenor or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitting your paper and checklist:
Once you have scheduled your In Course Test, you must provide the following (hardcopies) to the Exam's Office - G1 The Registry:
- Sufficient copies of your paper
- Two copies of the module attendance list
- Completed checklist
Your submission deadline will be confirmed to your School via email.
Papers must be received by the given deadline to ensure enough time is given to organise and prepare equipment.
ICT weeks are very busy with tests booked back to back, it is therefore imperative we receive all documents on time.
Central Student Administration have the right to cancel ICT arrangements with the School if papers are not submitted by the given deadline.
Running your own ICT? Please see the protocol to follow in relation to this