The International exchange programme runs for the full academic year from September to June. It is aimed at native speakers of English, or those with an excellent command of the English language.
About International exchange
Start date: September
Finish date: June
- Location: Canterbury campus
- Attendance: Autumn, spring and summer terms
- Credits: 120 credits in total: 60 credits during the autumn term and 60 credits during the spring term
- Modules: See choosing your modules
- Accommodation: Students are given the option of living on campus, providing they make their application by 31 July. Accommodation on campus is either in colleges or in self-catered houses or flats. See our accommodation pages for more information. Students who would prefer to live off campus can find out about private accommodation.
- Enquiries: T: +44 1227 827994 F: +44 1227 823247 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
The International exchange programme allows you to choose from a wide range of modules at Kent.
All international exchange students take modules worth 120 credits, split over the autumn and spring terms. You can choose from modules from Stages 1, 2 or 3 of any undergraduate degree, giving you a lot of flexibility in your studies.
If you wish to take modules within a new subject area it is usually advisable to choose from the Stage 1 modules, which are at an introductory level. We also encourage students to select modules that form a coherent programme of study. Please bear in mind that your choices will need to be approved by the relevant academic school.
It is important that you choose your modules carefully, selecting topics that you are interested in and that are suitable for your level of academic knowledge.
If you would like to study at Kent for a shorter period than a full academic year, you may be interested in our single-semester programmes.back to top
Applicants need to demonstrate that their level of English is high enough to be able to study at degree level.
The minimum requirements for the international exchange programme are:
- A GPA of 3.0 or above (out of 4.0) or equivalent. However, each application is considered on an individual basis.
- For non-native speakers we require either of the following;
- An IELTS overall score of 6.5, with at least 6.0 in Reading and Writing and 5.5 in Listening and Speaking
- A TOEFL overall score of 90, with at least 22 in Reading, 21 in Writing, 17 in Listening and 20 in Speaking
The application deadline is 30 June.
Junior Year Abroad English PLUS
If you do not meet the required proficiency in English for the standard Junior Year Abroad programme, you may be interested in the Junior Year Abroad English PLUS programme which has been specially designed to meet the needs of students whose first language is not English.
International exchange outline structure
- Mid Sep: General and academic orientation with new Kent academic year entrants
- Late Sep - mid Dec: autumn term
- Mid Dec - mid Jan: winter break
- Mid Jan - mid June: spring term including spring break
Enquiries: T: +44 1227 827994 F: +44 1227 823247 E: email@example.com