Erasmus and exchanges

Erasmus+ exchanges



Campus accommodation in Canterbury is available for the full year or for one/two terms only, depending on the duration of your study period at Kent. It is not possible to change the dates of your Room agreement unless there are exceptional circumstances, e.g. ill health.

Room agreements include free insurance, free wi-fi and all gas, electricity and water bills.

Please note: If you are coming to Kent on a Pharmacy or Music exchange, you will be based at the Medway campus. Accommodation is provided off-campus by Liberty Quays.

Applying for university accommodation
You can apply online once you have accepted the formal offer of a place at Kent.
Students who apply after the deadline are not guaranteed campus accommodation.


31 July           

  • If you will arrive in September
  • Apply for accommodation as early as you can because rooms will be allocated chronologically based on the date the accommodation application was submitted.
  • Rooms will be allocated in August and September.


30 November

  • If you will arrive in January
  • Rooms will be allocated in December.

Private accommodation
If you prefer to live off-campus, please see the Accommodation Office website for useful links. Do not leave your accommodation search until shortly before arrival.

Council Tax
Students who live in private accommodation for 9 months or who live on campus are exempt from paying Council Tax.

Students who live in private accommodation for less than 9 months are not automatically exempt from paying Council Tax. In this case, the student must ask their home university to write to the City Council to confirm the start and end dates of their degree and that the student does a minimum of 21 hours study per week for that degee.




Publishing Office - © University of Kent

The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T: +44 (0)1227 764000

Last Updated: 09/04/2018