Erasmus and exchanges

Postgraduate exchanges


  • Check that your home university has an agreement with the University for postgraduate level (Masters) studies in your subject area. Applications for study at this level will only be considered if an agreement has previously been made with the sending institution and applications are submitted on the appropriate form.
  • Please email the Erasmus team to request the application form.
  • Submit all required documents to the Admissions Office.
  • Apply for campus accommodation.

English Language Learning

Please note:

Postgraduate applications take a long time to process; please do not leave your application until the last minute! Failure to provide all the required documentation will delay the processing of your application.


You will be told how to apply online for University accommodation when your application has been processed and the Admissions Office have sent you an offer letter. Please note that the deadline for campus accommodation is 31st July. Students whose applications are received after this date, or are incomplete, cannot be guaranteed campus accommodation.

Information about campus accommodation can be found online on the Acccommodation website.

Students who choose to live off campus, please be aware that you must complete a Council Tax exemption form on arrival. You can do this online on the Student Records Office website. You must then collect the signed form and register it with Canterbury City Council. It is very important that you follow this procedure; if you do not, legal action may be taken against you.

Course information

See below for links to Postgraduate module/course information. Exchange students may only apply to take postgraduate modules if there is a specific agreement at that level between their department and the relevant department at Kent.

Important notes

  • Most master's degrees comprise 90 ECTS credits (180 Kent credits).
  • Modules must be chosen from the subject area in which we have an agreement with your university.
  • Postgraduate students will not be allowed to follow undergraduate courses.
  • Changes to the registered modules can only be made in exceptional circumstances.
  • Under the ECTS scheme, your home university should recognise the marks you obtain at Kent as contributing to the final mark of your degree programmes. In order to ensure this, it is important to confirm your modules with your home university before your arrival at Kent.
  • You will discuss and finalise your modules on arrival with the Exchange Coordinator.

The Unit for the Enhancement of Learning and Teaching provides information and workshops on effective learning and study skills. Students can also register for the Centre for English & World Languages' regular classes for non-native speakers.

Plagiarism is an extremely serious offence and students face severe penalties if caught plagiarising material. Please read the following information for details of the University's policy on Plagiarism.

Faculty handbooks and school information


Publishing Office - © University of Kent

The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T: +44 (0)1227 764000

Last Updated: 19/04/2013