Canterbury community

Who to contact

If you are experiencing problems with your neighbours, use the contacts below for information and advice.

General concerns


For issues relating to loud music, shouting, dogs barking, alarms and DIY or construction, please contact Canterbury City Council.

Tel: 01227 862 202


If you experience a problem with rubbish left uncollected please contact Serco, Canterbury City Council’s waste contractor.

Tel: 0800 031 9091


If you experience problems with people parking inconsiderately or illegally, please contact Canterbury City Council.

Tel: 01227 862 429

Crime or anti-social behaviour

Find out who is your Police Constable or Police Community Support Officer.

Call: 101 to report non-urgent crime
Call: 999 to report an emergency

Student-related concerns

Community liaison

Both universities take the concerns of their neighbours very seriously.

If local residents experience anti-social behaviour, whether they believe them to be students or not, they should contact the above appropriate agencies as they have the power to intervene.

However, if you need further support both universities have a community liaison person who can provide further advice.

Student conduct complaints

Each year we get a small number of complaints about student conduct from both local residents and students.

The University takes these complaints very seriously and has an established procedure in place for handling feedback received from members of the local community.

Get in touch

The University of Kent values and takes pride in the region in which it is based. If you wish to ask the University a question, raise an issue or offer your feedback or suggestions please send us your feedback.

The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ. T: +44 1227 764000

Last Updated: 24/04/2018