What we do
Effective communication with students is an important part of making sure that Kent's inspirational student experience helps them to reach their full potential while recognising their achievements and vital contribution to the life and work of the University.
Corporate Communications is responsible for managing the Student Guide, key social media channels, university-wide campaigns, and can help schools and departments inform, engage and inspire through their communication with current students.
How we can help
If you have any student related news/events/achievements in your department please send us your story so we can help promote it.
Alternatively, if you would like to discuss better ways to communicate, please get in touch.
Channels we look after and use to communicate with students, include:
Student social media officers
We employ Kent students to manage our social media for current students. There is a student social media officer for both the Canterbury campus (UKC Student) and Medway campus (UKM Student). Feel free to ask them to share your student-related messages.
- UKC Student contact details
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: @UKCStudent
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/UKCStudent
- Blog: blogs.kent.ac.uk/UKCStudent
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ukcstudent
- UKM Student contact details
When you submit a story to us we will decide which of the University’s social media channels are most appropriate.
Corporate Communications is primarily responsible for the University’s Twitter, Flickr and YouTube account, as well as the student social media channels.
Find out more about how we are using social media and the possibilities for your school/department on our social media webpages.
We can email all students and target students by campus. Your communication must meet the 'all-student' email criteria:
- Essential to the on-going business processes of the University
- Emergency situation
- As instructed by members of the Executive Group
- The information cannot be distributed any other way within the desired timescale
Students have told us all student emails can be annoying. Therefore we try to only send all student emails when appropriate. Read our best practice email guidelines.
Monthly student newsletter
- SharePoint is where we keep our best practice guides, plans and research
- Top tips for communicating with students
- A year in the life of a University of Kent student moodboard
- Contribute to our student communications schedule
- Visit the social media webpages
For help communicating with current students
email Allie Burnett.