Sending us a story
Requests for stories are managed by the Corporate Communications team.
Please use this form to submit your stories.
The University of Kent communicates with staff, students and external audiences in a number of different ways:
- Campus Online for staff
- Student Guide for students
- Staff email newsletter
- Student email newsletter
- News Centre
- News releases to external media
- Via the Events calendar
- On Kent’s social network sites, Facebook and Twitter
- Through all-staff and all-student emails
If you would like us to promote a story or event, please fill in the 'send us a story' form.
- keep your information as brief as possible (300 maximum word count maximum)
- include a heading that is, in effect, a summary of the news story/event (to facilitate web links)
- try to include key information in the opening paragraph(s) - in case we need to cut copy for space reasons
- ensure you include essential details – the 5 Ws (who, what, where, when and why) plus ‘how’
- send images/logos as a separate attachment to email@example.com (your image files should be in jpeg/jpg or png format, in a 3 by 2 (landscape) aspect ratio, and with a minimum size of 1,000x667 pixels)
- add a contact point (email and telephone) for further information
Corporate Communications has editorial responsibility for information published through the above channels and reserves the right to edit and rewrite copy when necessary as well as to decide which of the channels to use. We reserve the right not to publish stories and/or images that we deem unsuitable or not in keeping with our corporate guidelines.back to top
We will endeavour to action/publish your information within three working days of receipt of copy. However, at particularly busy times (for example, start of term or graduation), it may take longer for the story to be published.back to top
If we consider your story suitable for external press coverage, your details will be forwarded to a member of our Press Office who may contact you for further details and to discuss external promotion.back to top