Cambridge Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- "I would recommend this course to anyone considering doing the CELTA" ~ Kirsten, 2013-14 CELTA trainee
- "I would highly recommend the CELTA course at the University of Kent" ~ Angela, 2013-14 CELTA trainee
- "CELTA was the best experience of my life" ~ Cansu, 2013-14 CELTA trainee
What is CELTA?
CELTA is an internationally recognised qualification, which provides you with the minimum entry level for the English language teaching profession.
Please see the CELTA website for details about the qualification.
TEFL or CELTA?
- Taking CELTA will enable you to apply for a teaching post either overseas or in the UK. It is an excellent means of enhancing your employability.
- The CELTA is necessary for teaching in British Council accredited schools in the UK.
- TEFL is a less comprehensive and introductory teaching qualification.
Adults or Children?
- The CELTA qualification is designed to teach you how to teach adults. Anyone interested in teaching younger students would need to take an additional short add-on qualification (available at other Cambridge centres).
The CELTA course at the University of Kent is an excellent means of enhancing your employability. It is one of the most globally recognised qualifications for teaching English to speakers of other languages which will enable you to apply for teaching posts either overseas or in the UK. It is regarded by employers as providing sound initial training and a strong basis from which to develop as a teacher of English. We have a five week intensive course starting 17 June 2019"!