Level 1 Award in British Sign Language
- This course is run by Palm Deaf BSL Training Ltd. who offer training to help communicate with people who are Deaf or who have a hearing loss, or to people who want to learn a new language.
- The qualification allows you to gain basic skills and confidence in the production and reception of BSL.
- The course has been accredited by Signature, the awarding body for British Sign Language (BSL) exams.
- University of Kent student will earn 30 Employability Points for completing this course. Please log your points via MyFolio.
There is no need to be a University of Kent student to take this course and you do not need any previous experience of BSL.The course will be held at the University of Kent on the Canterbury campus.
The qualification allows you to gain basic skills and confidence in the production and reception of BSL.
It is suitable for anyone who:
- wants to learn basic language skills to communicate simple conversations with deaf people
- wants to progress to more advanced study and/or employment using BSL
- wishes to study BSL for personal development
- is the parent, family, friend or colleague of a deaf person
For more details of the qualification, please see the Signature website