I want to work in Science Administration
- Knowledge of contracts and grants preparation and management.
- Ability to manage research projects.
- Skill in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Ability to develop scientific reports.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organising, prioritising, and scheduling work assignments.
- Knowledge and understanding of scientific research methodology, principles, and procedures.
- Skill in organising resources and establishing priorities.
- Knowledge of current and developing trends in research technology.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement goals.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, methods, and techniques.
- Ability to organise and co-ordinate research projects.
- Ability to provide technical advice, guidance, and support to professional staff.
This area of work relies heavily on networking to get into. Projects may be more ad-hoc and given to people already working in the organisation who have expressed an interest.