I want to work in Digital Marketing
- Social media marketing: building up an online presence by attracting internet followers.
- Search engine optimisation: increasing the number of visitors to a website.
- Mobile marketing: through apps and sms.
- Contributing to blogs.
- Uploading images to the company website.
- Conducting key research and web statistics reporting.
- Keeping up to date with digital trends.
- Pay per check
- Electronic billboards
- Digital channels
- Digital copywriter - https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/digital-copywriter
- Digital marketer - https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/digital-marketer
- Social media manager - https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/social-media-manager
- Digital marketing overviews http://targetjobs.co.uk/career-sectors/marketing-advertising-and-pr/advice/288035-digital-marketing-gradutae-area-of-work
- What Makes a Digital Marketer? – Guardian article http://careers.guardian.co.uk/careers-blog/what-makes-a-digital-marketer-ben-wardell
- How to get into digital marketing- www.prospects.ac.uk/jobs-and-work-experience/job-sectors/marketing-advertising-and-pr/how-to-get-into-digital-marketing
This is a rapidly growing area, using channels such as e-mail, websites, social media and texts to promote products, services and events to a targeted audience.
What the work involves
Digital Account Managers coordinate digital marketing campaigns and the various people involved in them. Their activities may include market research, liaison with clients, integrating digital marketing with traditional marketing methods and monitoring the impact and success of campaigns.
Search Engine Optimisers aim to increase the number of “hits” on a particular site and increase its Google ranking by persuading other key sites to link to it, and also by making sure that particular keywords are used on the site. Prospects Profile of SEO Specialist