What can I do with my degree in Music/Music Technology?
As well as their subject-specific knowledge and skills, a graduate in Music/Music Technology will typically have gained skills in:
- research and the gathering and evaluation of information
- planning, implementing, evaluating and reflecting critically on work-in-progress
- exercising judgment and to making informed choices
- using reasoning and logic in order to analyse data and formulate arguments and hypotheses
- creativity and creative versatility
- IT and handling technical tasks
- communicating effectively with others as a member of a team
- analysing, interpreting and showing critical judgement
- flexible thinking, including the ability to be open to new and alternative ideas
- project management
- problem solving and analysis
This is not an exhaustive list of skills - you will develop many skills from your course, extra-curricular activities and work experience. You can find out more about the skills employers look for and how you can develop them here.