What can I do with my degree in English Language and Linguistics?
Find a job
The Careers and Employability Service provides information and advice on job searching to University of Kent students and recent graduates. This includes a vacancy database advertising a range of graduate jobs, sandwich placements and vacation work/internships and online resources. The websites listed below may also be useful when searching for a job and when looking for further information on this sector.
Options with Linguistics
- Linguistics Society
- Careers using Languages
- Arts Council Job site by Arts Council England, wide ranging – all internships are paid unless part of a further or higher education course
- Arts Hub Large listing arts and creative jobs including internships and work experience. Jobs bulletin with 100 new listings each week is emailed free to members weekly. Free to join. Cover theatre, dance, visual arts, film, tv and radio, writing and publishing, design, music, fashion and the creative industries. Sister websites in the US and Australia
- Arts Job Finder Part of Arts Professional - Wide range of jobs across the arts sector
- BBC Careers Includes information on trainee schemes and apprenticeships
- Creative Skillset the industry skills body for the Creative Industries, which works across film, television, radio, fashion, animation, games, visual effects, textiles, publishing, advertising and marketing communications. Includes a comprehensive listing of job roles available in film
- The RSA
- Guardian Jobs (Arts and Heritage) Good Search facility including by graduate level
- TARGET Jobs Search employers by name or industry sector
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers – as chosen by graduates