What can I do with my degree in War and Conflict?
Employers related to War and Conflict
See also the jobs boards under “Links & Employers”
Conflict, Peace and Security
- British American Security Council (BASIC) Independent research organization that analyses government policies and promotes public awareness of defence, disarmament, military strategy and nuclear policies in order to foster informed debate. Offers internships in London;
- Campaign Against Arms Trade a broad coalition of groups and individuals in the UK working to end the international arms trade. Good links pages;
- Control Arms a campaign jointly run by Amnesty International, IANSA and Oxfam to create an international, legally-binding Arms Trade Treaty;
- Global Partnership for the Prevention of Armed Conflict (GPPAC) The site includes links to organisations working in the field of conflict prevention;
- Institute for Conflict Research– based in Belfast;
- The Institute for War & Peace Reporting has useful links to media organisations and NGOs;
- International Institute for Strategic Studies -the primary source of accurate, objective information on international strategic issues for politicians and diplomats, foreign affairs analysts, international business, economists, the military, defence commentators, journalists, academics and the informed public. Offers occasional internships ;
- IHS Jane's provides the government and the Ministry of Defence with specialist research gathered from open sources in the area of defence and law enforcement in particular, and publishes this information in a series of magazines;
- Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe;
- Peace Brigades International Promotes non-violent peace-building solutions in situations of violent conflict and repression, offering unarmed protective accompaniment to individuals, organisations, and communities threatened with violence and human rights abuses. “We are always looking for volunteers”;
- Peaceworks Mediation, reconciliation and training agency;
- Royal United Services Institute for Defence and Security Studies carries out research, organises conferences and publishes a varied series of periodicals. Offers internships;
- Saferworld an independent non-governmental organisation that works to prevent armed violence and create safer communities.
- UN Careers career options, career paths, internships, how to apply, etc.
- Explore a career with the UN
- For current vacancies in the UN (at all levels) this can be searched by organisation, location, etc.
Details of these and other international organisations and the opportunities they offer, together with further information on careers in international organisations can be found on our I Want to Work for … an International Organisation page