Applications now open!
This year the Careers and Employability Service, in conjunction with the Dean for Internationalisation, has offered 3 bursaries of £2000 to students wishing to undertake a 1 month summer internship experience in Beijing with CRCC Asia, starting 20 July 2017. In addition to the internship, pre-departure language and culture training opportunities have been provided through the Centre for English and World Languages. Pictured above are the 5 successful candidates interning in China last summer. See below for further details of what the internship will include.
The internship package will include
- Processing of correct documentation to enter China for the internship placement
- A welcome pack including a prepaid SIM Card, Travel Card, Business Cards and Guidebook
- Airport pickup, Induction Day and Welcome Banquet upon arrival in China
- A Program Coordinator assigned to University of Kent students on site in China who will be available to give 24 hour assistance with local logistical needs or problems they may encounter while abroad.
- An onsite orientation that will specifically address workplace issues related to health and safety, as well as social and cultural training specific to China
- Accommodation in serviced apartments with a private bedroom and shared living room, kitchen and bathroom. Internet, water, gas and electric will be included
- An internship experience with an employer linked to your chosen sector
- Two hours of weekly group Mandarin Lessons
- Cultural excursions and weekly events including social events, business seminars and networking events
- Pre-departure intercultural awareness and mandarin tuition provided by the University
- Access to Professional Development Training portal
The package does not include
- flights to and from China but funding of up to £500 is available
- Additional living costs (Approx £10 to £15 per day)
Please note that there are some visa restrictions associated with this opportunity.
- Students should apply to the scheme by the new deadline 3 April 2017 at midday
- Students must be available during vacation to complete any necessary paperwork (online) and telephone interview
- Students should express their interest in the bursary by filling in the application form on the right hand side of this webpage
- CES will identify students who will be awarded the bursary
- Successful students will then fill in CRCC Asia application form, visa documentation and associated paperwork
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sri Lanka