14, Wychurch Road, Canterbury, Kent. CT2 7SJ.
Tel. 01227 - 764521 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Nationality: British Female
A graduate with strong communication and organisational skills gained in nursing, now seeking to move into HR as a trainee manager.
- Working with patients and their relatives requires the ability to communicate complex medical information and to handle difficult situations with tact and sensitivity
- Presented my degree project on "The Impact of the Corn Laws in Kent" as a Powerpoint presentation at a History Society seminar as well as in writing.
- As Ward Sister managed a team of nursing and support staff, which included organising staff rotas and prioritising tasks. Also managed patient admissions, liaising with staff in other departments and other hospitals
- As Secretary of History Society responsible for booking speakers and promoting events
- My degree project required work to a tight deadline, researching in local archives and managing a database
- Bringing up two children while working and studying has required flexibility and the patience of a saint!
- Worked as part of a team on a busy ward, sometimes under great pressure. Here flexibility and initiative were essential
- The Psychology module of my Access course involved a group project where I worked with three other students investigating the effect of returning to work on women's self-esteem. Responsible for co-ordinating interviews and qualitative analysis of interview transcripts. Our project was awarded the highest grade of any in that year
- As an office temp it was necessary to fit into a team immediately and to pick up information quickly.
- As Ward Sister was responsible for the training and induction of new nursing and support staff;
- Helped children improve their maths and reading as a volunteer classroom assistant at my children’s primary school
Page 1 of CV for Alex Bucksheath
BA (Hons.) History, University of Kent, 2015 to 2018
Canterbury College, Access Course, 2013-2015
Achieved 63% in Second Year Examinations. Expected Result 2:1.
Subjects included History, Sociology and Psychology, in which I achieved 83% in my final examination.
William Harvey Hospital, Ashford, Kent, 1992 - 95
State Registered Nurse Training Course
Including study of anatomy, physiology, diseases and treatment, ward mangement and practical nurse training
Surbiton High School, 1986 - 1992
5 O-Levels including English, Mathematics, Science.
Elite Nursing Agency, Canterbury, 2006 - present
Part-time Nurse, whilst raising my family and studying for my degree
Canterbury Hospital Ward Sister 2002 - 2005
Responsible for patient care, clinical procedures, administrative duties and staff training and development while in charge of a busy surgical/medical ward with a 4-bed critical care unit.
1993 - 2000: Nurse, then Senior Nurse - Canterbury Hospital
Working with a multi-disciplinary team on a variety of wards
Other jobs have included temporary office work and waitressing.
- Married with two children aged 9 and 12.
- Full, clean driving licence.
Dr. I.M. Bright
University of Kent at Canterbury,
Kent, CT2 7NP
Tel: 10227 827006
Mrs N. Parker
Elite Nursing Agency,
Kent, CT1 8FF
Tel: 01227 888777
Page 2 of CV for Alex Bucksheath