Virtual Careers Fair: 2020
Tuesday 20 October 2020, 10:00-16:00
The Careers Fair is an opportunity for students of all degree subjects to meet with exhibitors offering a variety of graduate and undergraduate opportunities, ranging from Graduate Schemes, Year in Industry placements and Summer Internships to Insight Days.
In line with social distancing guidelines, the Careers & Employability Service are running a virtual careers fair this year.
Download the CareerFair Plus app for free to browse the exhibitors and book 1-2-1 chats with recruiters in a virtual meeting room.
Exhibitor list – download the Career Fair Plus app for free!
The exhibitor list will be available on the Career Fair Plus app on 14 September and will continue being updated before the fair. Appointment bookings open on 1 October 2020
The app will allow you to
- View exhibitor profiles in advance, find out more about them and view their websites
- Filter and search for opportunities by degree subject, sector or business area
- Book short 1-2-1 appointments to talk to recruiters (usually 10 mins)
To download the App:
- Go to the App store or Google Play
- Search ‘Career Fair Plus’ and select the Careers Fair Plus logo; it’s a free download
- Search for University of Kent
- Click on that to download and install
Please note that the app is free, and GDPR compliant. The information submitted is shared with the recruiter you have booked an appointment with and on the administrative site for the Careers & Employability Service to run the event. Your information is not shared with any third parties.
Can candidates attend a fair without a log-in or without signing up?
You can view some fair data without logging in, such as the participating employers, but must create a profile/login to schedule appointments with employers.
Can employers search for candidates in the platform, or invite them to book appointments?
No, employers can only see the candidates that have scheduled an appointment with them.
I went last year
The University of Kent has developed some excellent relationships with employers who chose to attend our Careers Fair annually to meet with students and recent graduates but we are always striving to develop more.At the 2019 event we had 29 first-time exhibitors.
I have work and/or lectures
The Virtual Careers Fair app will allow you to book appointments to meet with recruiters at a time that suits you.
I was told by another student that you should only go in your 3rd year
The Careers Fair features exhibitors offering both graduate and undergraduate opportunities. The exhibitor profiles on the Career Fair Plus app show what type of roles they are offering and the degree subjects they recruit from
I don’t know what to say to them
We can help with this! We run sessions on preparing for the Careers Fair, networking and how to speak to employers. Take a look at the online Festival programme at www.kent.ac.uk/ces/empfest and sign up to attend.
There wasn’t anyone for my degree subject
Think outside the box!
The roles on offer may not be restricted to the business sector the company works in.
- Organisations have many different departments such as Law, Marketing, HR & Recruitment, IT, Finance, Operations and Logistics so it is worth talking to a few different companies.
- In 2019, 66 out of 101 exhibitors told us they would like to speak with students and graduates from all degree subjects. Check out this year’s exhibitors on the Career Fair Plus app.
- Whilst we strive to reach employers from all degree subjects, some industries just do not recruit via the careers fair route. We therefore encourage these employers to meet with our students at events during Employability Festival that are tailored better for their industry.