bOing! Family Festival bounces back bigger than ever
4 October 2017
bOing! International Family Festival is fast becoming a must-do event of the summer for families, and we’ve got the stats to prove it.
The festival in facts and figures:
- Over 6,000 tickets sold, the festival saw an increase of sales by 20% on 2016
- Over 11,500 people interacted with the festival
- Over 100 performances and events
- Over 3,000 people entered the Pentalum Luminarium
- 246 workshop participants
- Over 200 staff and volunteers helped to make the festival happen
- 1,037 ice-creams eaten
Following a brilliant weekend of celebration and creativity, Liz Moran, Director of Gulbenkian said: "bOing! 2017 has been even more successful than we could ever have hoped for engaging nearly 11,500 people! More families than ever before attended performances at the festival. Thank you to all our wonderful international and local artists, staff, volunteers and audiences who made bOing! 2017 so special. Planning is already underway for bOing! 2018."
Created by Gulbenkian, bOing! took place on Saturday 26 August and Sunday 27 August on the Canterbury campus. The festival showcased work by leading UK and international companies, artists and performers creating work that appeals to all ages. Families were drawn to the festival from across the South East, as well as a few international visitors.
Find out more about the festival.