Research Showcase: U3A and University of Kent
18 May 2017
Staff and students are invited to attend the U3A and University of Kent Research Showcase on Tuesday, 23 May from 11.30am in the Gulbenkian Foyer.
The University of Kent is welcoming over a hundred members of the Canterbury and District branch of the University of the Third Age to campus for the research showcase. We will share research projects, posters and performances, as well as finding out more about areas for future partnerships.
It will be fast-paced, fun and wide-ranging, with a strong contingent of postgraduates presenting their work in an accessible format, and input from academic staff from across all three faculties and an array of disciplines.
12.00-13.15: Research Showcase #1
- Gulbenkian Theatre: War, Reflections, and Representations
- Gulbenkian Cinema: Music and Making Voices Heard
13.45-14.45: Performing Together
- Colyer-Fergusson Hall: U3A choir, Moving Memory and Moving Well
15.15-16.30: Research Showcase #2
- Gulbenkian Theatre: Health and Memories
- Gulbenkian Cinema: Culture, Heritage, and Ecology
16.30-17.30: Looking Forwards
- Wine reception, prizes, Gulbenkian Youth Theatre demo, signing of memorandum of understanding, conversations.
Click here for the Research Showcase Final Programme
So if you are looking to take a break from exams or marking, need caffeine, have your own research ideas or just want to come and see what's on display, then please do join us for whatever part of the afternoon you can. You can further support your peers by filling out the odd feedback form, which would be much appreciated.