- Show all
- 50th anniversary
- Admissions and recruitment
- Alumni and reunions
- Art and exhibitions
- Equality and Diversity
- Film and television
- Health, wellbeing and fitness
- Lectures, talks and seminars
- Religious festivals
- Short courses and day schools
- Staff development
- Student skills and employability
- Student Union
- Term dates and holidays
- Theatre and performance
- University meetings
- Public engagement
On 28th May the University of Kent will once again be hosting the Canterbury and District U3A in the Gulbenkian Theatre building, at the University of Kent campus. The event will run from 10.30am and finish at 4.30pm.
Throughout the day, there will be a series of short talks, presentations of research and posters to look at, as well as a workshops. Several university departments will participate.
There will be opportunities to ask questions and discuss everyone's ideas.
Importantly, U3A's own research group will be presenting several projects which they have carried out, some in collaboration with University of Kent, and some with other organisations. It is a real achievement which should be celebrated. Members of the National U3A committees have been invited. Members of the public will also be invited if there is space.
The event is free but you do need to book your place. U3A members and University of Kent staff and students have priority booking until 5th April. To take advantage of priority booking you must use the password "Research" - this is case-sensitive if booking online.
Access requirements: If you have any special access requirements please book by telephone, email or in person at Gulbenkian Box office and let the team know of your needs. 01227 769075 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10.30-11.10 Registration & Tea/Coffee Gulbenkian Café
- 11.15 SHOWCASE INTRODUCTION – Gulbenkian Theatre
- 11.30-12.45 FIRST PRESENTATION SESSIONS
- 12.40- 1.20 Lunch and Music from U3A performance groupsA light vegetarian lunch will be provided for ticket holders, with vegan and gluten-free options available.
- 1.20-2.25 AFTERNOON PRESENTATION SESSIONS
- 2.35-3.45 WORKSHOPS, WALKS and MARKETPLACEChoose a workshop or a walk or chat with researchers and each other in the marketplace in the Gulbenkian Café area.
- 4.00 SHOWCASE CLOSER – Colyer-Fergusson HallFeaturing a short dance performance from Moving Memory Dance and U3A Workshop participants
- 4.30 Event ends
University of Kent,