Why choose us?
A message from the Academic Director
Dr Tom Casier, Congregations November 2016
The Brussels School of International Studies is a unique postgraduate centre in which students from all over the world come to study advanced international affairs.
We welcome students from 55 countries across the globe and our staff represent 12 different nationalities, creating a truly international academic community. We take advantage of our location in Brussels, the diplomatic capital and policymaking centre of Europe and host city to the European Union, NATO and many other international organisations, and encourage our students to interact and make valuable connections with these institutions. The School is grounded in an interdisciplinary spirit, creating synergies between subjects in law, politics and international relations.
Our teaching philosophy is highly interactive, based on active participation, and I am delighted to welcome you to this vibrant postgraduate learning environment, where you will enter into debate and become a critical thinker, rather than a passive consumer of knowledge.
Dr Tom Casier
Academic Director, Brussels School of International Studies
Top 5 Reasons for studying at University of Kent in Brussels
- Kent is the only British University with a campus in Brussels, ‘the capital of Europe’.
- Brussels is the headquarters of the European Union and NATO, as well as hundreds of NGOs allowing unparalleled networking opportunities.
- A hugely cosmopolitan city and student body, with over 50 nationalities represented here at the Brussels campus.
- Start dates in January and September, with a flexible approach to your learning allowing internship opportunities alongside your studies.
- Opportunities to enhance your language skills in French and Dutch, or learn a new one.