Why choose us?
A message from the Academic Director
Dr Amanda Klekowski von Koppenfels
We'd be delighted to have you join us at the Brussels School of International Studies! We are an interdisciplinary community of scholars, with MA and LLM students, PhD researchers and academic faculty working together, debating and thinking critically about a broad range of questions in international studies.
Composed primarily of the Schools of Law and of Politics and International Relations, we are a unique postgraduate centre situated in Brussels, home not only to the European Union, but to NATO and many other international organisations. Our students come from over 50 countries, and our staff from 12 different countries; we truly are an international academic community.
Whether you study international conflict and security, human rights law, international relations, political strategy and communication or migration (or one of our other MA or LLM programmes), you will interact intensively with your fellow students in your modules, drawn from both the School of Law and of Politics and International Relations. This interdisciplinary intellectual interaction is key to our School. Students interact not only in the classroom, but at the many events, conferences and workshops which characterise the international nature of Brussels. Our teaching philosophy is one of active participation and interaction - not only among academic faculty, PhD researchers and students in both academic and social settings, but also among MA and LLM students themselves.
I would be very pleased to welcome you to BSIS, the Brussels-based arm of the UK's European University.
Dr. Amanda Klekowski von Koppenfels
Academic Director, Brussels School of International Studies
Top 5 Reasons for studying at University of Kent in Brussels
- Kent is the only British University with a campus in Brussels, ‘the capital of Europe’.
- Brussels is the headquarters of the European Union and NATO, as well as hundreds of NGOs allowing unparalleled networking opportunities.
- A hugely cosmopolitan city and student body, with over 50 nationalities represented here at the Brussels campus.
- Start dates in January and September, with a flexible approach to your learning allowing internship opportunities alongside your studies.
- Opportunities to enhance your language skills in French and Dutch, or learn a new one.