Hello Kent branding
Every year we run our welcome campaign for new and returning students. This year this is a joint University and Kent Union project and is part of the Hello Kent initiative, an outcome of the Welcome, Induction and Transition project commissioned by Student Experience Board.
The campaign features on buses and bus stops, buildings and poster sites, e-newsletters and digital screens as well as t-shirts worn by helpers and even a Hello Kent tent run by Kent Union.
The main website for Hello Kent is already available and you can find more about the events and initiative there.
Two weeks before Arrivals Weekend we run a live Q&A on Instagram with Shakirah (aka UKC Student) to give new students the chance to ask a current student any questions or worries they have about starting at the University of Kent. You will be able to view the Instagram story in our highlights @UniKentLive.
There's a Freshers Facebook group which we help manage with key partners including EMS, International Recruitment, Kent Hospitality and Kent Union.
We also work with the Academic Division, Commercial Services and Kent Union to deliver live social media from Arrivals Weekend with the help of our Student Social Media Officers.
What we want students to feel:
- Happy with their choice of university
What we want students to know:
- What they need to do before the arrive
- What to do when they arrive
- Events when they arrive
- Support available
What we want students to do:
- Get involved
- Join/visit the key communication channels (Hello Kent web pages and freshers’ group)
- Week beginning 2 September – new and returning UG and PG students emailed to give advance notice of timetable availability
- Wednesday 4 September - Live instagram Q&A with UKC Student
- Week beginning 9 September - returning UG students emailed on publication of initial timetables
- Sat 14/Sun 15 September - Live social media at Arrivals Weekend via UKC and UKM Student channels. Plus other departments live posts eg Accommodation Office on Twitter & FB @AccommUniKent and Kent Union posts re: Hello Kent Tent etc.
- Wednesday 18 September - Medway Welcome Fair. UKM Student will cover the event on Instagram.
- Thursday 19 - Friday 20 September - Canterbury Welcome Fairs. UKC Student will cover on Instagram. Kent Union event and Facebook event
- Week beginning 23 September – new UG students emailed reminder of timetable availability
Plasma screens - ready to use
Plasma screens - templates
Posters - templates
You can find all our featured Hello Kent blog posts online. They currently include:
- What will moving into halls be like?
- How will I meet people?
- When should I be expecting my timetable?
- I’m an international student. How should I prepare?
- How should I manage my money?
- Arts and Culture at Medway
- The Gubenkian: on campus theatre, cinema and much more
- What to do before you arrive
- A returning student’s checklist
- What to bring and what not to bring