Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis International Society (PGDIS) Annual Meeting
The Keynote Lecture will be given by Professor Lord Robert Winston
It is with great pleasure that we would like to invite you to the beautiful city of Canterbury to join us for the 13th meeting of PGDIS. In 2014 PGD will begin its 25th year as a clinical procedure however its roots lie back in the 1960s with the work of our founding chairman Sir Bob Edwards. PGD has brought life and hope to thousands of families, provided fundamental insight into how we developed as humans and has, like almost no other area of medicine, raised societal, legal and ethical issues high in the public interest. With this in mind PGDIS 2014 will include the following themes:
- Biology of PGD: Next generation sequencing, fate mapping, single cell analysis, origins of human development
- Time-lapse: A useful tool for PGD?
- At the cutting edge of PGD: Latest technologies for biopsy, freezing and molecular diagnostics
- The science behind PGD-A: Aneuploidy, meiosis, mosaicism, DNA damage, culture conditions, sperm factors
- Omics corner: Can metabolomics and transcriptomics complement or replace PGD in practice
- Clinical experience of PGD: Dashboard of latest developments and results from around the globe
- The ethics and legalities of PGD: Why are we doing what we're doing and should there be limits?
- The 25th year of PGD: The start of a 1 year celebration that will culminate in Chicago for PGDIS 2015
Art in ART - Gina Glover –photographer and creator of IVF imagery has agreed to support the conference and her work will be on display during the conference and in the promotional material http://www.artinhospitals.com
FOR SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES PLEASE CONTACT Darren Griffin
|is the major supporter of this meeting|