Residents of Becket Court and Keynes Colleges should be aware that they will need to move out of their accommodation during winter and spring vacation periods.
For the winter vacation, residents will be able to leave their belongings in their rooms. During the spring vacation, the accommodation is occupied by external visitors and so residents will need to vacate their current room and make arrangements to remove all of their belongings for that period.
Residents of Eliot and Rutherford Colleges should be aware that they will need to move out of their accommodation during winter vacation. As the University closes for around 14 days over the Christmas and New Year holiday period, students will be able to leave their belongings in their rooms.
If you require a room on campus during the winter, spring or summer vacations, you will have to move to an alternative location as most campus accommodation is occupied by students or external visitors.
You may book additional periods of accommodation by visiting the Accommodation Office:
• from early December 2018 for the winter vacation
• from the end of March 2019 for the spring vacation
• from the end of May 2019 for the summer vacation
Please note that the terms and conditions for occupying the accommodation are different to those that apply during the academic year and you will need to accept a new accommodation agreement for the alternative accommodation.
Rooms will be available at the following locations only and will be charged at the same term-time rate:
|Winter vacation||Spring vacation||Summer vacation|
|Park Wood||Eliot/Rutherford College||Darwin College|
Please note that during the summer vacation there is a minimum stay of 14 nights and final year students are required to pay in advance.
Storage of personal possessions
Click on the following links for information about local companies offering storage facilities:
- A & S Self Storage - email email@example.com or call Jane on 01227 459944
- Lock & Leave Self Storage - email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01227 470700
- SB Transport - contact Steven Brazier, 01227 272170 or 07788 501998
- Student Storage Box - call 0333 222 0813
- Uni Summer Storage - email email@example.com or call 07531 005 603
Please note that the University does not accept any liability or responsibility for the services provided by these companies.