Vacation accommodation

Residents of Becket Court and Keynes College should be aware that they will need to move out of their accommodation during winter and spring vacation periods.

For the winter vacation, residents will be able to leave their belongings in their rooms. During the spring vacation, the accommodation is occupied by external visitors and so residents will need to vacate their current room and make arrangements to remove all of their belongings for that period.

Residents of Eliot and Rutherford Colleges should be aware that they will need to move out of their accommodation during winter vacation. As the University closes for around 14 days over the Christmas and New Year holiday period, students will be able to leave their belongings in their rooms.

If you require a room on campus during the winter, spring or summer vacations, you will have to move to an alternative location as most campus accommodation is occupied by students or external visitors.

You may book additional periods of accommodation by visiting the Accommodation Office:

• from early December 2018 for the winter vacation
• from the end of March 2019 for the spring vacation
• from the mid-May 2019 for the summer vacation*

Rooms will be available at the following locations only and will be charged at the same term-time rate:

Winter vacation Spring vacation Summer vacation
Park Wood Eliot/Rutherford College Darwin College


*If you wish to stay on campus over the 2019 Summer vacation you will need to complete either our UG summer vacation booking form or our PG summer vacation booking form and return to the Accommodation Office (in Tanglewood).

Please note that the terms and conditions for occupying the accommodation are different to those that apply during the academic year and you will need to accept a new accommodation agreement for the alternative accommodation. During the summer vacation there is a minimum stay of 14 nights and final year students are required to pay in advance.

Storage of personal possessions

Click on the following links for information about local companies offering storage facilities:

Please note that the University does not accept any liability or responsibility for the services provided by these companies.


Visitor accommodation

We have year-round visitor accommodation available in Darwin Houses, and Beverley Farmhouse next to Canterbury Innovation Centre. Ideal for when you have friends or family visiting who want to stay on campus for the duration of their visit.

Find out more at our Conferences website:


Graduation accommodation

Have a friend graduating this year? Or planning ahead for your own graduation? We offer B&B and self catered accommodation on-campus for graduating students and their families. Booking for on-campus graduation accommodation typically opens in April each year.

Find out more about our 2019 Graduation Accommodation



Accommodation, University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent

Enquiries: +44 (0)1227 766660 or Contact us

Last Updated: 14/05/2019