Awards and Recognition
The staff and teams across the Faculties have been awarded or shortlisted for awards on numerous occasions. These are some of their achievements:
Academic Division Excellence Award
The Academic Division Excellence Awards was created to recognise and reward outstanding team work in all units of the Academic Division, be they situated centrally or in academic schools.
2016 Winning Entry
The winning entry comes from the Medway Student Records Office who show how they used existing technology, an iPad and their website, to deliver a more accessible and flexible service to students. The judging panel admired the way the application of a simple idea, well thought through and effectively implemented, has enhanced the service staff can offer to students at the Medway campus.
Times Higher Education Leadership and Management Awards
In the category “Outstanding departmental administration team”:
Shortlisted in 2013:
- The Excellence Initiative
Shortlisted in 2014:
- The School of Arts Support Team
Shortlisted in 2015:
- The School of Arts Administration Team (highly commended)
Shortlisted in 2016:
- The School of Engineering and Digital Arts Administration Team (winner)
Kent Administration Excellence Awards 2015
The Administration Excellence Awards were launched in 2015 to recognise and reward outstanding individual or team working within Faculty and School administration. Joint winners were Kent Business School’s Postgraduate Admissions team and the whole School of Arts Administration Team.
50th Anniversary Award 2015
School of English Administration Manager Helena Torres has received a special 50th anniversary award to mark her commitment and contribution to learning and development at Kent. She received this for her work in partnership with Learning and Development to start the Developing Management Skills (DMS) programme.
AUA Contribution to Career Development Awards 2014
Melissa Bradley, Chloé Gallien, Linda Lough (Faculty Administration Managers) and Anne Rushworth (Learning and Development Manager) have been awarded the AUA’s 2014 Contribution to Career Development Award for their continuing collaborative efforts to support staff career development. The AUA is the UK’s professional association for administrators and managers in higher education.
Prizes for posters of the Service Excellence projects 2012:
- School of Anthropology and Conservation – most enterprising Service Excellence project (sponsored by Kent Innovation and Enterprise)
- School of English – Service Excellence project with the biggest potential impact (sponsored by Kent Hospitality)
- School of European Culture and Languages – most creatively designed poster (sponsored by Creative Campus)