- The current enhancement theme is titled “Excellence and Change
- The previous enhancement theme was titled “Excellence through Partnerships” and aimed to strengthen relationships and build new partnerships within the university.
- The Service Excellence theme was shortlisted for the Times Higher Education Leadership and Management Awards 2013 in the Outstanding Departmental Administrative Team category.
- The Faculties have also introduced an Administration Charter which outlines our commitment to delivering Excellence to staff and students.
At Kent, departmental administration operates as one large team of over 200 members that is deployed across the Faculties, and which reports to the Academic Registrar. Many successful initiatives have been launched and run for all administrative staff in the University's Academic Schools and Centres and the Faculties Support Office. They have all been subsumed under the umbrella of the “Excellence Initiative” and its enhancement themes. The programme aims to encourage sharing of good practice, and enhancing and valuing the service delivered by administrative staff to students and colleagues across the University.
The enhancement themes so far:
- Excellence and Change - current theme, launched 2016
- Excellence through Partnerships – launched in 2014
- Service Excellence – launched in 2012
Within those themes a number of events and projects have been launched over the years which are showcased on this website. Typical events include conferences linked to the enhancement themes and Liquid Cafés for administrative staff across the Faculties. Special Interest Groups and Partnership Groups have been born out of the initiative; they meet on a regular basis to improve operations across the institution. There are also some schemes for staff that are linked to the enhancement themes.