We provide an excellent education, delivered by world-class researchers.
We aim to provide an excellent education, delivered by world-class researchers and accomplished educators, to all those who have the ability and are ambitious and motivated to learn.
We will do this through the provision of programmes informed by our research, designed to address global needs and challenges and which take full advantage of the facilities and resources at all our study locations.
- The provision of a curriculum that is internationally attuned and attractive to high quality students who are rewarding to teach
- ... offer a portfolio of subjects across a range of disciplines (traditional as well as professional) which reflect our research activity and our global engagement
- ... adapt our curriculum to the needs and best interests of our students and ensure its relevance to contemporary societal and technological issues
- ... recruit a diverse student body composed of those who have a passion for learning and who will benefit from all Kent has to offer
- ... ensure our staff body remains diverse so that our curriculum reflects and addresses a range of perspectives
- ... encourage our staff and students to exploit the facilities and resources we have at all our locations in order to enhance the educational and international opportunities we provide
- ... develop further postgraduate opportunities especially at Medway and our European Centres
- The delivery of a student experience that is the best in the sector
- ... embrace and engage with innovative teaching that is of uniformly high standard across subject and campuses
- ... utilise technology to provide an environment that optimises learning
- ... promote the concept of ‘inclusive internationalisation’ in order to encourage our community to share and benefit from the full range of international and intercultural experiences and opportunities available
- Equipping graduates for personal and professional success
- ... develop those attributes in our graduates which will make them not just highly employable but which will enable them to gain influence and respect in their interactions with the wider world
- ... add value by embedding elements of employability in our curriculum and increase and broaden the employment opportunities available to our students
- ... develop and deliver, in conjunction with the Students’ Union, a range of extra-curricular activities that support a vibrant and inclusive environment in which students can broaden their ‘cultural capital’
Excellent education at Kent