The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Job Vacancies in Requirements & Solutions
The Requirements and Solutions section of Information Services are always interested in recruiting part time staff into their team working in the following roles:
- Web Designer
- Web Developer
- Web Content Editor
All 3 roles offer flexible working hours to fit around your degree and no previous experience is needed as training will be provided. All of the job roles offer excellent rates of pay between £8-£13 p/h.
To apply please send your CV, cover letter and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate which role you are applying for in the 'Subject' title of the email to ensure your application is processed in the most appropriate way.
Web Designer Job Description
Summary of responsibilities
You will work on a variety of web projects and the development of web applications, creating both web pages and graphical assets for the web. No specific web skills are necessary, as full training will be provided, however a keen interesting in digital graphics/display and an eye for design are vital. You will also be expected to answer web related support calls and enter them into our support ticketing system.
Your duties will include:
- Designing new sites
- Creating new website templates
- Assisting in the creation of media assets, including: images, photographs, videos, panoramas, storyboards
- Assisting in the writing of client requirements, technical specifications, and site reports
- Assisting in the maintenance of a range of websites
- Operating the web support helpline and support ticketing system
- Skills with Photoshop (or another design suite such as in-design or illustrator)
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Skills with interface designs and ability to produce a variety of graphical concepts
- An interest in digital display with an eye for design
- An interest in media planning and capabilities