The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
The University of Kent Requirements and Solutions team is looking to employ enthusiastic part-time web developers, web designers, and web content editors who enjoy using the latest technologies in IT, the web, and media. This is a great opportunity as it offers the chance to develop and support a range of central services, departmental websites and web applications.
Opportunities are available for advancement within the team to specialise in a particular area, supervise other staff, or learn how to become an IT consultant and project manager. Students who have worked on the team have on average achieved a first degree and have moved on to companies such as Sun, Siemens, Blackwell’s, Oracle, and IBM
- Developing and maintaining new websites, services, tools and databases.
- Providing support for web authors of the university.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows, MS Office and of working with computers on a regular basis
- Experience of testing and evaluating products (preferable)
- Good knowledge of Dreamweaver (or other web publishing tools)
Salary and hours
- Flexible part time hours (0-20)
- 9:00 - 13:00 OR 13:00 - 17:00 OR 9:00 - 17:00 (exceptions can sometimes be made)
- £8 - £14 per hour (approximately)
- Opportunities for promotions
How to apply
To apply, submit a cover letter stating which position you are applying for and copy of your CV. Please include examples of websites you have designed or developed, links to, or DVDs of photography and video work, any technical documentation or code, as appropriate to the position you are applying for. If you have a physical art or photographic portfolio you can bring to an interview please mention this in your application to email@example.com