Fitness assessments by our qualified instructors are great way to ensure that you achieve maximum benefit from a personalised exercise plan. They are extremely good value and can really help you on your way to fitness or maintain the motivation to meet your personal goals.
In order to achieve optimal results from your fitness test and to ensure results are accurate, you are advised to adhere to the following guidelines prior to your assessment:
- Have a good nights sleep before the test.
- Avoid heavy meals 3 hours prior to the test.
- Avoid exercising or any form of strenuous physical activity on the day of the test.
- Avoid drinking excessive amounts of alcohol the day before the test and do not drink any on the day of the test.
- Avoid drinking any coffee, tea, cola or caffeinated drinks 2 hours prior to the test.
- Avoid smoking for at least two hours prior to the test.
- Avoid using a jacuzzi, sauna or sunbed 2 hours prior to the test.
- Re-schedule your assessment if you have a temperature or feel unwell by calling the Sports Centre reception on 01227 823623.
- If you have any medical conditions please bring a letter from your GP and details of any prescribed medication with you to the test.
- Please wear sports/exercise clothing for both your assessment and your programme; T-shirt, shorts/track suit, training shoes. Do not wear a leotard, one-piece clothing or normal clothes/shoes.
Unless ill, cancellations must be given at least 24 hours prior to your appointment. Failure to do so will incur a £5.00 cancellation fee.
To book your assessment/programme please ask at the Sports Centre Reception
(payment on booking).