The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
International scholarships for undergraduate students
For further information:
+44 (0) 1227 824904
+ 44 (0) 1227 823247
The University has a long tradition of welcoming international students and is pleased to offer a number of scholarships for entry at undergraduate level.
The scholarships will be worth £5000 per annum towards the cost of tuition fees (for up to three years of study) and are offered to nationals of any country paying international fees.
To be eligible for consideration for a scholarship, all of the conditions below must have been satisfied:
- an application must have been made for a degree course at the University of Kent;
- the applicant must have received an offer of a place on such a degree course;
- the University must have received confirmation of the applicant's firm acceptance of the offer;
- the applicant must have demonstrated ability to fund their programme of study.
How to apply
Apply online, or send an application to the address below, including:
- your UCAS number;
- your date of birth;
- an original essay of between 750 to 1,000 words on the topic: "Why have you chosen your selected degree programme; why have you applied to the University of Kent; and how do you see your degree at Kent preparing you for your life after graduation" (if you are applying online, this can be cut and pasted from Word).
Address for postal applications:
International Development (International Scholarships)
University of Kent,
Kent CT2 7NZ,
The closing date for application is 31 May prior to the academic year of entry.
Scholarships will be awarded based on the information provided on your UCAS form, together with the clear thinking and motivation shown in the submitted essay.
The University of Kent reserves the right not to allocate the awards if the selection panel identifies no suitable candidates. We expect to inform candidates whether or not they have been successful by 31 July 2013.