The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
The Kent Scholarship for Academic Excellence 2013
How much: £2,000 per annum
Who is eligible: UK, EU and Overseas full-time undergraduate applicants
To see details about all undergraduate funding for 2013 please visit
At Kent we recognise, encourage and reward excellence. We know that you will have worked exceptionally hard to achieve the qualifications needed to secure your place at Kent and the Kent Scholarship for Academic Excellence recognises your efforts.
The scholarship is worth £2,000 for each year of study and will be renewed on an annual basis, subject to good academic progress.
Who is eligible?
The scholarship will be awarded to any applicant who meets the following criteria:
- Is entering the first year (Stage 1) of undergraduate degree study at the University of Kent’s Canterbury or Medway campus from September 2013.
- Achieves at least AAA over three A levels, or the equivalent specified qualifications set out in the table below. The three A levels can include General Studies and Critical Thinking (unless these are specifically excluded from the offer).
- Has not attained any qualification higher than those listed in the table below (i.e. applicant already holds an undergraduate degree).
- Has satisfied their conditions of entry to the University of Kent.
For the 2013 scholarship, the University will allow combinations of A Levels and BTEC Nationals as detailed below.
This scholarship is open to all UK, EU and Overseas full-time undergraduate students.
You can hold a University bursary and a scholarship at the same time.
How to apply
There is no application form to complete. If you have attained the necessary grades, your scholarship will be confirmed to you by email in September 2013.
Scholarship funds are normally paid directly into the student's bank account in two instalments; one in December and one in March each year.
The scholarship will be awarded to all students who achieve the minimum grades in one of the qualifications detailed below.
|A Levels||A*A*A*; A*A*A; A*AA; AAA; A*A*B; A*AB; A*A*C|
|BTEC National||Distinction Distinction Distinction (DDD)|
|A*A*D; A*AD; AAD; A*DD; ADD|
|Scottish Highers||A, A, A, B, B|
|International Baccalaureate||35 points or more, including a minimum of 15 points for Higher Level subjects|
|Irish Leaving Certificate||A1 A1 A1 A1|
|Access to HE Diploma||Overall Pass - must include 45 Level 3 credits at 'Distinction'|
|Cambridge Pre-U||D3,D3,D3 / D2,D2,M2 / D2,D3,M2 / D2,D2,M3|
3 facts about scholarships
- They do NOT have to be repaid – they are awarded purely on merit.
- They are not based on household income and don’t affect your student loan
- You can hold more than one scholarship at a time
Frequently Asked Questions
I am a current Kent student, am I eligible to apply for the Kent Scholarship for Academic Excellence?
No. This scholarship is for applicants to the University of Kent only.
What is 'good academic progress'?
You must proceed at each stage to the subsequent year of your programme of study at the first attempt, with a minimum mark of 60% or greater (performing at 2:1 level).
I already hold an undergraduate degree, am I eligible to receive the Kent Scholarships for Academic Excellence?
No. This scholarship is not for applicants who have attained any qualification higher than those listed in the table above (i.e. applicant already holds an undergraduate degree).
I have more questions - who can I contact?
Please contact the Scholarships Unit by email at email@example.com