The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
UK and EU Postgraduate Students
UK Research Councils
The UK Research Councils support postgraduate training and research. There are seven Councils, all of which support particular fields of study. The University of Kent attracts funding from many of them to support postgraduate students on both taught and research degrees.
In general, Research Council scholarships provide UK candidates with tuition fees and a maintenance grant. For the 2012-13 academic year the standard maintenance grant is £13,590.
EU residents (non-UK) can apply for tuition fee only awards. Non-EU residents are not eligible to apply.
These awards are highly competitive. Candidates must apply via the University and we encourage early application; the University normally has internal deadlines which candidates must meet in order for applications to be submitted to the Research Councils for their deadlines.
- Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC)
- Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC)
- Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC)
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
- Medical Research Council (MRC)
- Natural Environment Research Council (NERC)
- Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC)