The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Hong Kong Alumni Postgraduate Scholarship
For students from mainland China and Hong Kong
The University of Kent is pleased to announce that this fund was kindly established in 2005 by our Hong Kong alumni in celebration of the University of Kent's 40th anniversary.
The scholarship is available to full-time postgraduate students enrolling either on a postgraduate taught programme or a postgraduate research programme (3 years maximum). The value of the scholarship will cover full payment of the annual tuition fees and contribute towards payment of accommodation and living expense.
AVAILABLE FOR 2013 ENTRY
The scholarship is open to full-time postgraduate students enrolling onto programmes at Kent in any subject area. Applicants should be either passport-holders of the Peoples Republic of China or permanent residents of Hong Kong not currently registered on a postgraduate course at the University of Kent. Applicants should have received an offer of a place at the University of Kent for 2013 entry.
Candidates for the scholarships should normally fulfil the following requirements:
- either hold a valid passport issued by the Peoples Republic of China or be permanent residents of Hong Kong
- have been assessed as overseas for fee purposes
- been offered a place to study on a University of Kent postgraduate degree programme
- have accepted or will accept by 31 May an offer of a place to study at the University of Kent.
- have already achieved or will achieve an agreed level of academic performance in their academic study prior to starting their programme at Kent. (Note: the scholarship will only be confirmed when the student has been offered an unconditional place at the University)
- be able to provide evidence satisfactory to the University of an adequate knowledge of written and spoken English
- be able to fund the remaining costs of their studies at Kent from other sources
HOW TO APPLY
At the point of application for the scholarship, candidates are asked to submit an original essay of between 750 to 1,000 words on the topic: "Why have you chosen your selected postgraduate degree programme; why have you applied to the University of Kent; and how do you see your postgraduate degree at Kent preparing you for your future career".
All applications, whether online or by mail, must include the candidate's application reference number, date of birth and the 750-1,000 word essay as specified above (which, in the case of an online application can be cut and pasted from a Word document). The application may be sent by mail to:
International Development (Hong Kong Alumni Scholarship - China and Hong Kong)
University of Kent,
Kent CT2 7NZ,
The closing date for applications is Friday 31 May 2013.
The scholarship will be awarded based on the information provided in the candidate's application documentation together with the clear thinking and motivation shown in the submitted essay.
The University of Kent reserves the right not to allocate the awards if the selection panel identifies no suitable candidates. We expect to inform candidates whether or not they have been successful in July 2013.
For further information please contact email@example.com