The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
School of Arts
Available scholarships are shown below.
Please note: applicants must hold an offer of a place before applying for these scholarships.
50th Anniversary Scholarships 2013
The School of Arts has a number of Doctoral Scholarships in the form of Graduate Teaching Assistantships (GTAs), to award as part of the University of Kent's 50th Anniversary scheme. These cover tuition fees at the home/EU rate plus a maintenance grant and a salary element.
GTAs will be offered for one year in the first instance, renewable for a maximum of three years subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- A First or 2i Honours degree or a Master’s degree at merit or distinction in a relevant subject or equivalent.
- An offer of a place for postgraduate study at Kent.
- Open to UK, EU and overseas postgraduate research students (please note that the awards are at the UK/EU rate).
How to Apply
- Submit a formal application for postgraduate study on a relevant programme.
- After you have been offered a place, complete and return the Application for School of Arts 50th Anniversary Doctoral Scholarship explaining how your intended projects fit with the aims and interests of the research centre with which you would like to be associated.
- The School of Arts deadline to apply for a 50th Anniversary Scholarship is Friday 1 March 2013.
- All applicants who are successful in admission to the School by Thursday 31 January 2013 will be automatically considered for postgraduate funding, but should still complete the application form above.
Graduate School Scholarships 2013
£1,000 reduction in tuition fees to University of Kent 2013 graduates who earn a Bachelors degree with honours (or undergraduate Masters degree) and register for a postgraduate degree at Kent by 1 October 2013.
Please note: this scholarship is not available to students who have been awarded foundation degrees, HNCs, HNDs or postgraduate degrees.
How to apply
The tuition fee reduction will be provided to all eligible 2013 graduates on registration - there is no need to make a separate application.
Candidates must have registered on their postgraduate degree programme by Tuesday 1 October 2013.
Kent at Paris Scholarships 2013
A scholarship competition (worth £6,000) is open to those wishing to study a taught MA at the University of Kent at Paris.
How to apply
Jackie Chan Scholarship in Film
Through the generosity of the Jackie Chan Charitable Foundation, this scholarship enables a Hong Kong resident or graduate to study for a Master’s degree in Film within the School of Arts.
The successful applicant will receive £15,000 over one year towards tuition fees and accommodation. S/he will have the opportunity, where suitable subjects are available, to study at the University’s Canterbury campus, or at the Paris centre.
- Open to any Hong Kong graduate or resident with a first-class degree (and a first-class mark for their dissertation) in an Arts or Arts-related subject, from a Hong Kong university.
- Candidates must already have an offer for a place on the MA Programme in Film (Canterbury or Paris).
How to Apply
- Submit a formal application for postgraduate study on the MA Programme in Film.
- After you have been offered a place, complete the Application for Jackie Chan Film Scholarship 2013 and email it to the Arts Postgraduate Administrator (A.J.Whiffen@kent.ac.uk).
Monday 3 June 2013
School of Arts International Postgraduate Taught Scholarships
The School of Arts is offering a number of scholarships to international applicants for the following Taught Master's courses for 2013 entry:
- MA Arts Criticism
- MA Curating (subject to approval)
- MA Drama & Theatre
- MA Film
- MA Film (Paris)
- MA Fine Art
- MA History & Philosophy of Art
- MA History & Philosophy of Art (Paris)(subject to approval)
- MA Music Technology
- MA Music Composition
- MA Shakespeare
- MA Sound and Image (subject to approval)
These scholarships provide £1,000 towards tuition fees, for the first year of study only.
- You must already have an offer of a place on one of the above courses for 2013 entry.
- Open to overseas fee paying applicants only.
How to apply
- Submit a formal application for postgraduate study on one of the programmes listed above.
- After you have been offered a place, email firstname.lastname@example.org including your full name and date of birth, course applied for, and an image/example of your work outlining your suitability for the award.
Sunday 31 March 2013
- The School of Arts reserves the right not to allocate any or all of these awards if the selection panel is unable to identify suitable candidates.
School of Arts MA Bursaries 2013
This year the School of Arts is introducing six one-year bursaries of £2,000 each for Masters students.
- You must already have an offer of a place on one of the School’s standard fee Taught Masters courses at the Home/EU rate for 2013 entry.
How to apply
- Submit a formal application for postgraduate study for one of the School’s standard fee Taught Masters courses at the Home/EU rate for 2013 entry.
There is no separate application for the bursary: all applicants who are successful in admission to the School of Arts by the deadline will be automatically considered.
16.00 on Friday 1 March 2013