The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
IT Services are committed to finding ways that technology can help you to succeed in your studies. Whether you need to produce coursework before a deadline, check your timetable on your phone, or even connect a games console in your study bedroom – the dedicated IT Services team are on hand to support you.
What IT services offers
- Over 1,000 student PCs, running Windows and Microsoft Office as well as specialist subject software. You can also borrow a laptop or netbook to use in the Templeman Library
- Free wireless access to the internet and Kent network from hotspots across campus, including student bedrooms where a wired connection is also available
- A mobile app, as well as the online Student Portal and Virtual Learning Environment that support your university life with personalised timetables, course information, and events relevant to you
- Remote access to files and resources on the Kent network, so you can work from home and on the move
- Your own 'Kent for life' email account that you can keep after graduation
- Comprehensive helpdesk support either in person, by phone, email, or online.
Free training skills workshops cover everything from practical IT skills to essay writing and research to help you fulfill your potential. You have acccess to a wide range of documentation and online tutorials to help you gain key skills at your own pace. Visit www.kent.ac.uk/student/skills to find out what's available.
Information Services provides a wide range of flexible part-time job opportunities for Kent Students. These include staffing support desks, web development and editing, and working within library services, enabling you to gain and develop skills and enhance your CV.