The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
To borrow items you need your KentOne Card or Library card (we cannot accept alternative forms of identification).
Use a self-issue machine (Level 1 Centre, Level 1 West or Level 2 Centre) or go to the Loan Desk on Level 1 West.
See also specific borrowing information for the Core Text Collection, the Reserve Collection, Library Stores and journals and official publications.
Why we don't have 'vacation loans'
A lot of students and staff continue using the Library during vacations to prepare for exams, work on theses or dissertations, or carry out research. During vacations, borrowing continues as in term time so that books remain accessible to everyone who needs them.
Please be prepared to return items when they are due, as they can be recalled from you.
Your vacation borrowing checklist
These tips may help you keep track of your loans if you're away from campus during the vacation:
Before you go away:
- Return any books you don't need, and you won't have to worry about them.
- Check the Library catalogue to see if there's an e-book version of any book you do need - there's no need to renew, they can't be recalled, and there's no danger of a library fine.
- If you have a book with a short loan period (eg a 3 Day Loan), check if it's available as a longer loan item and borrow that instead.
While you're away:
- Keep renewing the books you are taking away with you, but remember you can only renew an item 10 times online.
- If you can't renew an item online, contact us immediately: email email@example.com or phone 01227 82 3572.
- If you're borrowing 3 Day Loans, keep a close eye on them: you have to renew them frequently, and the 10 times renewal limit will kick in faster than with other items.
- Keep checking your email and your Library account, as items you have borrowed may be recalled from you.
- If you are unable to return a recalled item, email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will check if another copy is available and ask you to return the book only if there is no other available copy.
- You can return items by post, if necessary, but make sure you get proof of posting. The address is:
University of Kent