The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Online subject resources
Most of the resources below are freely available on the internet. In addition, the Library subscribes to a vast range of online resources: see other pages within this guide for subscription databases and online reference works.
Internet skills tutorials
- Social policy
- Social research methods
- Social statistics
- Social work
- Women's studies
- Internet detective
Social sciences resources
There are links to useful websites on the SSPSSR Resources page.
The following may also be of interest:
- American Sociological Association
- ARK: open access Northern Ireland social attitudes surveys
- British Sociological Association
- BUBL Link social sciences
- Community Care Inform: online reference tool for professionals working with children, young people and their families. Local access password required.
- ESDS (Economic and Social Data Service): includes data from the Data Archive, the Institute for Social & Economic Research, the IMF databanks and much more.
- Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC)
- European Sociological Association
- European Sources Online: documents published by and about the European Union. Includes official publications, reports, newspaper articles, etc.
- International Centre for Prison Studies
- INTUTE: gateways to individual social sciences subject areas, plus links to many other associations and societies. Owing to funding difficulties no new resources are being added to the Intute database, but this is still a useful resource for finding relevant institutions and organisations related to the subject areas.
- Joseph Rowntree Foundation: housing, social care & policy
- King's Fund: health policy research
- Mass Observation Online
- National Centre for Social Research (UK)
- Persee Revues Scientifiques (gateway to free French online journals - all subject areas)
- Social Care Institute for Excellence
- Visual Arts Data Service online images from major collections
- World Health Organisation
- CESSDA (Council of European Social Science Data Archives)
- Economic and social data service (ESDS)
- National statistics online (UK)
Government and official websites
FAQs: how do I...
Access online resources
We recommend that you always access our subscription resources through the links on the Library website. Login with your University of Kent login details.
Evaluate website content