Online subject resources
Most of the resources below are freely available on the internet. In addition, the Library subscribes to a vast range of online resources: see other pages within this guide for subscription databases and online reference works.
Social sciences resources
There are links to useful websites on the SSPSSR Resources page.
The following may also be of interest:
- Alexander Street Video: cross search all videos from these collections from a single interface:
- Filmakers Library Online
- Theatre in Video
- Ethnographic Video Online
- Education in Video
- American Sociological Association
- ARK: open access Northern Ireland social attitudes surveys
- British Sociological Association
- Community Care Inform: online reference tool for professionals working with children, young people and their families.Click Sign in (top right) and choose Sign in via Shibboleth
- UK Data Service: includes data from the Data Archive, the Institute for Social & Economic Research, the IMF databanks and much more.
- Defining Gender, 1450-1910 (from Adam Matthew): British source materials for the study of gender, leisure and consumer culture
- Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC)
- European Sociological Association
- European Sources Online: documents published by and about the European Union. Includes official publications, reports, newspaper articles, etc.
- International Centre for Prison Studies
- Joseph Rowntree Foundation: housing, social care & policy
- King's Fund: health policy research
- Mass Observation Online: documentation of the everyday lives of ordinary people in Britain, covering the period from 1937 until the early 1970s
- National Centre for Social Research (UK)
- Persee Revues Scientifiques (gateway to free French online journals - all subject areas)
- Social Care Institute for Excellence
- Visual Arts Data Service online images from major collections
- World Health Organisation
Government and official websites
- Europa (EU official website)
- Public Information Online (click Login through your Home Organisation (under Shibboleth, right column), type "Kent" in the search box and choose University of Kent, then login with your Kent IT account details): full-text, searchable source of all UK Parliamentary publications from the 2006/7 session onwards
- United Nations