The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Relevant Library collections
The Library maintains a British Government Publications Collection (BGPC). It contains official publications published by TSO/HMSO and by government departments and agencies.
An index to all material published by the Stationery Office since 1980 is provided by UKOP. You may also find these resources helpful:
- BOPCRIS: index to British official publications 1688-1995
- Public Information Online: full-text, searchable source of all UK Parliamentary publications from the 2006/7 session onwards
European Documentation Centre (EDC)
The EDC receives publications and documents from the European Union. They are housed as a separate collection within the Library. EDC publications can be found using the Library catalogue. All publications within the collection have 'European Documentation Centre' added to the classmark.
Alternatively you can access all EU publications from the EU Bookshop Digital Library.
British Cartoon Archive
Thhe British Cartoon Archive holds the national collection of political and social cartoons from British newspapers and magazines. Many are digitised and can be viewed on the archive's website.
The University of Kent's Special Collections include several archives and collections of interest to Politics and International Relations students, including:
- Bernard Weatherhill Papers: the Library holds the papers of the former Speaker of the House of Commons, Lord Weatherill.
- Hewlett Johnson Papers: the papers of the former Dean of Canterbury Cathedral and proponent of Socialism
- Kingsley Wood Archive: press cuttings, from the archive of the Conservative politician
The Special Collections reading room is on Level 4 East of the Templeman Library, and material can be consulted there by appointment. Visit the Special Collections website for more information.