The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Online reference works
- Oxford Reference Online: large collection of online reference works which can be searched singly or as a group. It includes subject and language dictionaries, thesauri, Who's Whos and biographical dictionaries.
- Oxford English Dictionary (OED): the online version of the authoritative dictionary of English
- Dictionary of National Biography: the online version of the major British biographical dictionary
- Dictionary of Old English Web Corpus: online database consisting of at least one copy of every surviving Old English text, covering over 3 million words of Old English and ca 1 million words of Latin
- Cambridge Companions to Literature and Classics: our subscription includes online Companions to: Chaucer, Christopher Marlowe, Spenser, Renaissance humanism, English literature 1500-1600, English renaissance drama, Medieval English theatre, Medieval romance, Old English literature and Medieval women's writing.
Reference books and indexes
- The Templeman Library has a specialised collection of history reference books in the north-east corner of Level 4 East, together with the bibliographies and indexes in History (classmarks ZC-ZF).
- A specialised collection of reference and bibliography (classmark ZP) for literature is available on Level 2 East. All items in these collections have blue tape on their spines.
- Bibliographies for manuscripts and the history of the printed book are shelved on Level 1 East at classmark Z.
- More general reference works (eg a printed version of the Dictionary of National Bibliography) are shelved in the Quick Reference sequence on Level 2 Centre.