The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Other libraries or collections
Information regarding access to catalogues, library access schemes and how to request material is available on the Other libraries pages.
Of particular interest to Arts students are the following institutions and catalogues:
- Artlibraries.net (Virtual Catalogue for Art History): access to more than 6 million records from a collection of specialized art libraries worldwide, including records for articles in periodicals, conference papers, exhibition catalogues and books, etc. Further details of the libraries and holdings can be found on the information page.
- British Architectural Library (RIBA: Royal Institute of British Architects): Students registered on Architecture courses can apply for RIBA Student membership which gives free access to the RIBA library. Borrowing is also available for a fee.
The RIBA online catalogue also indexes over 300 architectural journals held in the RIBA library, so can be used to locate information in journal articles.
- British Museum: you can search the Collection database via the Research link. This enables you to search for holdings of images from the collections in the museum. The database will grow in size.
- Courtauld Institute of Art Libraries
- The Getty - site of the museum, Research Institute, etc.
- See also the Conducting Research page including the Getty library catalogue
- National Art Library (Victoria & Albert Museum)
Institutions in France
- American Library in Paris: various membership options are available by subscription.
- Bibliothèque des arts décoratifs, Paris
- Bibliothèque Forney, Paris
- Bibliothèque Nationale de France (National Library); or access the homepage in French
- Centre Pompidou, Paris
- Institut National d'Histoire de l'Art
A list of local libraries is available but of particular interest to Drama and Theatre Studies:
- Canterbury Christ Church University Library Services
- Kent County Council Libraries Online reference library: provides access to many reference services,
- Oxford Art Online - Allows you to search: The Oxford Companion to Western Art, Encyclopedia of Aesthetics, and The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Art Terms.
- CREDO Reference: A large multi-disciplinary reference source including thousands of images. It is very useful for Art, Architecture, Drama, and Film.
- University College for the Creative Arts and their library.