The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Online subject resources
Most of the resources below are freely available on the internet. In addition, the Library subscribes to a vast range of online resources: see other pages within this guide for subscription e-books, bibliographic databases, and online reference works.
- Welcome to the internet for English (online tutorial for internet skills for students of English)
English subject gateways
- Higher Education Academy: English
- Voice of the Shuttle: Literature (in English)
- English literature on the web
- Literary resources on the Net (Rutgers University)
- INTUTE: Arts and Humanities: see English Studies and American Studies
- Academic info: American literature gateway, American literature links and English literature links
- BUBL Link including the Literature and rhetoric section.
Medieval and early modern
- ORB online reference book for medieval studies
- Labyrinth (University of Georgetown)
- Caxton's Chaucer (British Library)
- Middle English Compendium: a collection of resources including the Middle English dictionary, a hyperbibliography of Middle English prose and verse and a corpus of Middle English prose and verse.
- Luminarium: medieval, Renaissance and 17th century English literature
- Shakespeare Quartos Archive
Renaissance and 17th-18th centuries
- Romantic circles (University of Maryland)
- Victorian women writers project (University of Indiana)
- Victoria research web
- Victorian web
- Contemporary writers (UK and Commonwealth - from the British Council)
- Modern word
- Contemporary postcolonial and postimperial literature in English
Societies and associations
- English Association (University of Leicester)
- Poetry Society (UK)
- Modern Humanities Research Association (MHRA): UK based professional association to promote the humanities
Other specialist sites
FAQs: how do I...
Access online resources
We recommend that you always access our subscription resources through the links on the Library website. Login with your University of Kent login details.
Evaluate website content