The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Reader in Law and Property
Kent Law School
- +44 (1227) 823420
Anne is currently focused on property practices in relation to urban planning and architecture - drawing from Deleuze and theoretical perspectives emerging in anthropology and social theory. Anne has continuing interest in debates surrounding theoretical perspectives within feminism.
Major Research Projects
- Completing a book (with Nathan Moore of Birkbeck) entitled 'City, Cinema, Control'.
- Working on the development of garden cities -presently focused on co-operative housing schemes and utopian projects. Presently a series of papers - this will be brought together as a book.
- Bringing together materials for a socio-legal text on a relational approach to property.
- Working with others, including anthroplogists, on property as a mobile concept (this informs the two property projects above)
Also view these in the Kent Academic Repository
- Foundations of Property (LW316)
- Property Law (LW501)
- Trusts (LW513)
- Law and Literature (LW581)
In the subjects in which Anne teaches and also her own research interests - including film.
- L Barnes: PhD "The dynamic of law's performance"
- K Hussain: LLM "The changing face of the South Asian diaspora in Britain and the influence of bollywood film and copyright law"